1. The name of the band Guns 'N' Roses derived from combining the names of which two Hollywood bands ?
2. On the UK charts, which 2 acts claimed the 1000th No1 on the singles chart and the 1000th No.1 on the albums chart ?
3. "Yesterday" is the most covered of the Beatles' songs, but, which is the 2nd most covered Beatles song ?
what do the following 6 songs
have in common "Come As You Are" ~
A Spaceman Came Travelling ~ Chris
De Burgh; "Hazard"
"And I Love You So" ~
Street" ~ Gerry Rafferty and "7000
Dollars and You" ~
6. Which 80s US chart topper played Mary, a prostitute in the 1969 film Easy Rider ?
7. Name the instrument which was played on the solo in both California Dreamin by The Mamas and The Papas and Hocus Pocus by Focus.
8. Mick Jagger wrote Sympathy For The Devil after reading which book ?
9. Award winning Hawaiin, Jake Shimabukuro, is famous for playing which instrument ?
10. Which Country legend is featured in all 3 of the following music videos: Hank Williams, Jr's "All My Rowdy Friends Are Coming Over Tonight"~ 1984, Vince Gill's "One More Last Chance"~ 1993 and John Rich's "Country Done Come to Town"~ 2010.
SCROLL DOWN FOR THE ANSWERS
1. LA Guns and Hollywood Roses
2. On the singles chart: Elvis Presley's "One Night" was the 1000th single, week ending January 22nd 2005 and Robbie Williams' album "Swing Both Ways" got the honour of the 1000th album, week ending November 30th 2013.
3. "Something" ~ the 1st hit song written by George Harrison
4. All six songs mention the title in the first line ONLY, then never mentioned again.
5. Adam Yauch aka MCA of the Beastie Boys
6. Toni Basil
7. They both have Flute solos (Bud Shank solo-ed on California Dreaming; Thijs van Leer solo-ed on Hocus Pocus)
8. "The Master and Margarita" by Mikhail Bulgakov.
9. The ukulele
10. George Jones
What did AC/DC want for Christmas in 1990 ?
2. Who was the first British artist or band ever to get a Christmas No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart ?
3. In the Christmas song "Santa Baby", what colour convertable does Eartha Kitt want Santa to bring ?
4. In the music video of Mariah Carey's "All I want for Christmas Is You" who plays the Santa who bought her a present, leaving it on a red sleigh.?
5. Which Elvis song was released in December 1977 after his death?
6. Which three artists sing the opening line 'It's Christmas time, there's no need to be afraid' on the "Band Aid" 1984, "Band Aid II" 1989 and "Band Aid 20" 2004 singles?
7. The song White Christmas was first performed in which 1942 film?
8. Graham Nash of The Hollies, Elton John.. then Reg Dwight, and Tim Rice were all backing singers on which comedy UK Christmas No.1 back in the late 60's ? Also do you know who played bass guitar on the hit ?
9. What drink had poor Grandma had too much of before she got run over by a reindeer in the novelty 1970's and twice again in the 80's Christmas song "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer" ?
In the music video of The Pogues 1987 "Fairytale of New York"..
who featured as the NYPD patrolman who arrests the intoxicated Shane
SCROLL DOWN FOR THE ANSWERS
1. A Mistress... "Mistress for Christmas" from their The Razors Edge album
2. The Dave Clarke Five with their song "Over And Over" .. it went to No.1 in the US on the Billboard Hot 100 on Christmas Day 1965, despite less than impressive sales in the UK where it peaked at No.45 on the UK singles chart.
4. Her then husband .. Tommy Mattola
5. My Way
6. Paul Young 1984, Kylie Minogue 1989 and Chris Martin 2004
8. Scaffold's "Lilly The Pink" . Jack Bruce of Cream played bass.
9. Egg Nog
10. Matt Dillon