What id AC/DC want for Christmas in 1990 ?
2. Who was the first British artist or band ever to get a Christmas No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart ?
3. In the Christmas song "Santa Baby", what colour convertable does Eartha Kitt want Santa to bring ?
4. In the music video of Mariah Carey's "All I want for Christmas Is You" who plays the Santa who bought her a present, leaving it on a red sleigh.?
5. Which Elvis song was released in December 1977 after his death?
6. Which three artists sing the opening line 'It's Christmas time, there's no need to be afraid' on the "Band Aid" 1984, "Band Aid II" 1989 and "Band Aid 20" 2004 singles?
7. The song White Christmas was first performed in which 1942 film?
8. Graham Nash of The Hollies, Elton John.. then Reg Dwight, and Tim Rice were all backing singers on which comedy UK Christmas No.1 back in the late 60's ? Also do you know who played bass guitar on the hit ?
9. What drink had poor Grandma had too much of before she got run over by a reindeer in the novelty 1970's and twice again in the 80's Christmas song "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer" ?
In the music video of The Pogues 1987 "Fairytale of New York"..
who featured as the NYPD patrolman who arrests the intoxicated Shane
SCROLL DOWN FOR THE ANSWERS
1. A Mistress... "Mistress for Christmas" from their The Razors Edge album
2. The Dave Clarke Five with their song "Over And Over" .. it went to No.1 in the US on the Billboard Hot 100 on Christmas Day 1965, despite less than impressive sales in the UK where it peaked at No.45 on the UK singles chart.
4. Her then husband .. Tommy Mattola
5. My Way
6. Paul Young 1984, Kylie Minogue 1989 and Chris Martin 2004
8. Scaffold's "Lilly The Pink" . Jack Bruce of Cream played bass.
9. Egg Nog
10. Matt Dillon
1. "When You Wish upon a Star" was written by Leigh Harline and Ned Washington for which Walt Disney animated film and who sang the song ?
2. Which was the first Elton John album to reach No. 1 in both the UK and the USA ?
3. "We'll have lots of fun with mister snowman, Until the other kids knock him down..." are lines from which classic Christmas song ?
4. Who is the first and only female artist to have produced five No.1 Billboard Hot 100 hits off one album ?
5. Bing Crosby dueted with ?who? on his Christmas hit "Little Drummer Boy" in 1977 ?
6. What was Led Zeppelin's favourite food in 1979 ?
7. The wife of Dick Clark better known as Chubby Checker thought up her husband's stage name as a take on of which artist?
8. Queen drummer Roger Taylor, formed a parallel band The Cross, 1987 to 1993 in which he was the singer and rhythm guitarist, who did he recruit as his drummer ?
9. Which now traditional and popular Christmas song was written in 1857 and was actually written and sung for Thanksgiving ?
Which legendary musician said "When the power of love overcomes
the love of power the world will know peace".
SCROLL DOWN FOR THE ANSWERS
1. "When You Wish upon a Star" was written for Disney's 1940 adaptation of Pinocchio. The song was sung by Cliff Edwards aka Ukelele Ike in the character of Jiminy Cricket.
2. "Don't Shoot Me I'm Only the Piano Player" released 26 January 1973
3. Winter Wonderland - Dean Martin.. and over 150 others
4. Katy Perry from her 2nd album Teenage Dream, released in August 2010 the album included the Billboard chart-toppers "California Gurls", "Teenage Dream", "Firework", and "E.T." and "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)". Michael Jacksom is the only other artist to have produced 5 chart toppers off one album with "Bad" in 1987-88: "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" (with Siedah Garrett); the title track; "The Way You Make Me Feel"; "Man in the Mirror"; and, "Dirty Diana."
5. David Bowie . The song appeared on Bing Crosby's 1977 "Merrie Olde Christmas" LP.
6. Hot Dogs "Fool in the Rain"/"Hot Dog" hit single from Zeppelin's '79 album, In Through the Out Door.
7. Fats Domino
8. Josh Macrae ... he was also a drummer in The Brian May Band in the 90s
9. Jingle Bells
10. Jimi Hendrix