1. Which was the first Guns N' Roses album to reach No.1 in both the US and the UK ?
2. At the 50th Annual Grammy Awards ceremony, February 10th 2008, how many awards did Amy Winehouse and Back to Black win ?
3. Which Motown artist or vocal group, first recorded Norman Whitfield and Barrett Strong's anti-Vietnam War protest song "War" ?
4. Alternative rock band, Barenaked Ladies aka BNL, hail from which country.
5. Matt Cameron is currently, July 2012, drummer for which 2 American rock bands ?
6. Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Marianne Faithfull, Keith Moon, Eric Clapton, Graham Nash, and Gary Leeds provided backing vocals for what big event on June 25th 1967.
Foo Fighters' music video features.. a car crash, a lion pouncing on its
prey, a zebra kicking another zebra, crash test dummies being crushed
by a car crash test; a nuclear explosion and other depressing or violent
8. New Yardbirds changed their name to what in 1968 ?
9. In 1971, which was the very first album on which Motown Records' main studio band, the group of session musicians known as the Funk Brothers, received an official credit ?
10. Prior to BachmanTurner Overdrive, Randy Bachman and Chad Allan were together in which band ?
SCROLL DOWN FOR THE ANSWERS
1. Use Your Illusion II released September 17th 1991
2. Five awards.. The album won Best Pop Vocal Album, while "Rehab" won Best Female Pop Vocal Performance, Song of the Year and Record of the Year with Winehouse winning Best New Artist.
3. The Temptations.. Psychedelic Shack Album: recorded November 1969 ~ released March 6th 1970
5. Pearl Jam and Soundgarden
6. They sang back-up to The Beatles, performing "All You Need Is Love" on 'Our World', the first live, international, satellite television production watched by 400 million people in 31 countries.
of You".. the first single released from their 5th
studio album, In Your Honor. May 2005
8. Led Zeppelin
9. "What's Going On" Marvin Gaye's eleventh studio album.
The Guess Who
2. Who did Lil Wayne
collaborate with for the single Right Above It ?
3. Which 1982 song
by the punk rock group 'The Clash' is about Iran's outlawing of rock music,
and also become the unofficial anthem for the Armed Forces during the
Gulf War conflicts ?
4. Who came to fame after Bette Midler hired him as her pianist, arranger, and musical director in 1971?
5. In the Police hit "Message in a bottle" how many bottles were washed up on the shore
6. Which instrumental
song played on screen by Ronny Cox and Billy Redden won the 1974 Grammy
Award for Best Country Instrumental Performance?
7. Which land did Peter, Paul and Mary's Puff The Magic Dragon live in?
8. 'The Doors' generated a controversy with the single "Hello, I Love You" in 1968 when the press pointed out it's resemblance to which 1965 hit ?
9. Which 1992 song by the punk band Body Count, co-written by the group's vocalist provoked a national debate about freedom of speech in the US?
10. What genre of
music regarded as the first truly American musical form is identified
with the composer Scott Joplin?
SCROLL DOWN FOR THE ANSWERS
1. Men at Work for "Down Under" in 1982 and ABBA for "Dancing Queen" in 1976.
2. Drake / Aubrey Drake Graham
3. Rock the Casbah
4. Barry Manilow
5. 100 billion bottles
6. "Dueling Banjos" from Deliverance ... The song was originally composed by Arthur "Guitar Boogie" Smith and Don Reno as Feuding Banjos in 1955.
8. The Kinks song "All Day and All of the Night"
9. Cop Killer
ENJOYED THIS LITTLE QUIZZES,